.May we Never Lose our Wonder.


Winters on the coast can be hard for many people. I am, oddly enough, a huge lover (possibly even obsesser) of our amazing rainy storms.
. pluviophile .

I've been told - is what I am. A lover of rain.
 That being said, for a multitude of reasons, this winter – starting fairly early on – has been an extremely hard one for me {I do still love my rain storms though}..

My saviour is that I can always find peace in nature! This year, part of my “soul searching journey” (we’ll call it that) I’ve decided to try to get somewhere new every month. Near or far. Anywhere in BC counts. January was Mount Cain. And it rocked my world ..
February, I haven’t ticked off yet but have some upcoming plans brewing..

Last summer we did a road trip from Campbell River through the interior of British Columbia up to Banff, Alberta and back down through Southern BC. Let me tell you… (as if I didn’t already KNOW) BC is amazing and we are so incredibly lucky to live in one of the most beautiful, natural, healthy places I have ever been.


All the beauty and fresh air aside ... there’s other major benefits that I personally take for granted which totally deserve recognition.


  • Outdoor activity almost always contributes to overall fitness and physical health.
  • Studies show that spending time in nature drastically decreased stress levels, anxiety and depression.
  • This therapeutic hobby is also shown to enhance relationships.
  • Being outdoors increases Vitamin D levels (which is actually HUGE people). One of my favourite journals Vitamin D: The “sunshine” vitamin really goes into detail in the major ways Vitamin D contributes to an overall healthy life  in the long term. Research shows that this unique Vitamin helps to fight against autoimmune diseases, depression, heart disease, seasonal flus and has many more health benefits.
  • Spending time outdoors also enhances critical thinking, cognitive functioning and academic performances.

Another fun conversation I had last year which totally supports spending our free time outside was about Schumann Resonances.. (my incredible physiotherapist whom has hugely helped me through my back injury recovery has also hugely helped me in many other ways - she's a bit of a genius). If you research this it explains so much of why we all feel so amazing after spending time outdoors. Essentially the frequencies deep within the earth can work with and balance the frequencies with in our brains and bodies. Unfortunately, the frequencies of cellphones and other electronics can interfere with this.. so try to get outside. Put your bare feet on the ground. Maybe even in the rain. And enjoy every day{without your phone}.. even in these dark, wet (this year snowy) winter.


Moraine Lake

Chase


Joffre Lakes

Englishman River
















Popular Posts